I am a survivor ( Poem)





There were so many nights I did not think I would make it to see another day but; through my pain and sorrows I made it  to see the sun once again. Life at times seemed unbearable and I did not think I deserve to be here. Once I grasped for air and took a long swallow I felt a gush of wind awaken my soul. My mind rehearsed maybe there's room for me. I began to think I was worthy once again that was up until the slap of fire burned my face. I doubted the seeds of I can make it and I fell into life of despair. Slowly feeling like life will pass me by; only if I can dream once again. Abuse stole my identity leaving me to feel like a failure as my head hung low in shame. The song that penetrated my heart "I am a survivor as I roared my way back to health". I can, I will make it became my found new friends and the road to recovery was my way back to destiny. I am healed, I am free but most of all I am a survivor" 


Vernell T. Mackie (c) 2018
No part of this poem can be altered in anyway thereof may not be reproduced. Please do not share unless you have the permission of the authors. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A PRAYER FOR VICTIMS, SURVIVORS, AND ANYONE THAT HAS BEEN AFFECTED BY DOMESTIC VIOLENCE

Domestic Violence and Alcohol (Guest Post)

When People Don't Believe You