Do You know DV? A Poem about Domestic Violence



Do you know DV? 

Do you see them as they lurk into people’s lives?
Seeking to destroy others because they cannot deal with themselves. 

Do you see DV just as charming as can be, hey how are you doing? Dv says to me. 

I smile and say I'm fine not knowing that this is just the beginning of something that I will soon hope to be ending. 

Oh we had such a good time, we went out a date, 
we stayed out late, reminded me of love at first site. 

What a good person DV is to me. 

Eventually I start to noticed that things have changed, 
DV doesn't look at me at the same. 

Is it something that I did? 

This is starting to get frightening because he turns to anger just as quick as a flash of lightening 
BUT I must be tripping because this is not how I'm living. 

Me and DV we love each other, we made a pact that we would not have no other. 
Just me and DV but it then it starts to get to the point where I cant even watch tv. 

Nothing that I do is right now all DV wants to do is fuss and fight. 
So we are up all night and I'm crying myself to sleep because this just ain't right. 

Nobody ever told me about a love such as this,I would do anything to get myself out of this. 
I realize that this is not healthy, I dont' know what it is but this just cannot be. 

So when DV leaves out for work i start to google fighting in an relationship 
AND then I see abuse. 

So I start to read about abuse then I see something that says DV 
AND Im like hmmm those initials look all too familiar to me. 

So I clicked it on it and then there it was. 
Finally I discovered what I was going through DOMESTIC VIOLENCE! 

I wonder how many countless others are going through what I'm going through. 

Man DOMESTIC VIOLENCE the silent killer but we scream loudly and nobody hears us. Then when we finally open up about it nobody believe us, 

Yep they even judge us saying how could we be so stupid to let someone else have so much control over us 
BUT instead of saying to hell with them, I just say to God be the glory, you don't know my story. 

You don't know that my pain had a greater purpose 
AND with time God brought me out of that mess and I'm not a shamed, 
I am God's princess and He is my father the king. He is the ruler of all things. 

So think before you judge. 
Much respect, much love to all the Domestic Violence Survivors and the victims trying to overcome. 

There is hope for you from the one above. 
Don't be afraid to reach out because Gods angels are right there to grab your hand. 

Just remember it was all in God's plan not for you to hurt but for you to be strong, 
For you to know that you are not alone. 
For you to be a voice for the ones who feel like they are on their own.

You see God will use us to be help to somebody else 
Because nobody can make it out here alone, we all need help.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A PRAYER FOR VICTIMS, SURVIVORS, AND ANYONE THAT HAS BEEN AFFECTED BY DOMESTIC VIOLENCE

Domestic Violence and Alcohol (Guest Post)

When People Don't Believe You