It's Okay To Not Have All The Answers


I just love that quote from Katrina Mayer, because it is true that we do not have all the answers. I often see many people that struggle with the choices that they have made over the course of their lives. I hear them say "if I had known this, then I would have did that" or "I knew I should have did that instead of this".

So many times we including myself, get so mad at ourselves because of the choices we have made in life. I want to encourage you to let you know that it is okay and it is okay because we do not have all the answers. If we never make mistakes, then we will not have anything to learn from. I hate to even call them mistakes because they are simply life lessons.

 I believe that everything happens for a reason and that God allows us to make some choices so that we can learn from them. It would be nice if we could just learn from what others have done, but we don't always learn like that. Sometimes we have to make a decison that does not give us the outcome that we desired, in order to learn and grow.

Unfortnately sometimes we do not take things to heart until we experience them for ourselves. Now, so what you entered a bad relationship, maybe you got pregnant out of wedlock, maybe you had an abortion, maybe you had more kids that you expected, maybe you got married and got a divorced, maybe you didn't finish school, maybe you are unemployed, whatever happened in your past it is okay. Some of our best experiences in life come when we didn't have the answer because it gave you the opportunity to learn something new.

So what do you when you don't have all the answers? Well, I do not have the answer to that, I can only tell you what I do or would I would do and maybe that could help. I have learned to pray when I do not have all the answers, because I know that God has all the answers and He will never lead me astray. The key thing hear though is that we have to be open to recieving the answer from Him, knowing that it may be what we expected. If you are not someone who prays then I would say take your time before making a decision, really think it out, but do no overthink it.

Also, do not make a decision based off of emotion, that it one of the worst things that we can do. When we make decisions off of emotions, it can lead to regret, because at that point and time we were only making a decision off of how we felt at that particular moment. When making a decision we have to try to see the whole picture and think how will this decision affect me or those around me in the long run? I pray that you enjoy this post.

Comments

  1. You have many valid points and I appreciate your post. Last year I launched my memoir, basically how I survived insurmountable circumstances many as a result of bad choices. If you have time, I think you would enjoy it. Battered Hope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol,

      Thank you. I would love to read your memoir, I will check it out.

      Delete
  2. Excellent post! I have to agree with you about not making decisions based off emotions. I tend to want to do that when I'm angry. Bad idea! I appreciate all that you do with this blog site. This is my second time here. Thanks! Peace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jeanne, that means a lot to me.

      Delete
  3. Thank you. Reading post like this make me feel not alone. I'm currently recovering from the aftermath of my extremely abusive relationship. If you'd be interested in knowing my story it's http://speaktruthsurvivor.blogspot.com/

    thank you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A PRAYER FOR VICTIMS, SURVIVORS, AND ANYONE THAT HAS BEEN AFFECTED BY DOMESTIC VIOLENCE

Domestic Violence and Alcohol (Guest Post)

When People Don't Believe You